A Mother's Love For Her Children

I have two beautiful children ages 5 and 7. Brandon is the older and Amelya is the princess in the family. They are both bright, gifted, healthy and unique in their own ways. Both will fight over a lousy piece of old plastic bag and the next minute, are the best of friends.

Such are the antics I see and the wonders of being in their natural selves. We adults need to open up our eyes to look and learn from our children. Children have no prejudices, and they don't pretend like we do. And most of all, children are pure and speak from their hearts.

I wonder how so many people can be so cruel to children. Why? Why do they do what they do? In our own home country and around the world, we read in the newspapers and watch the TV reporting abuses on these innocent children. We hear of the pain and abuse they are forced to experience from perverted adults. Sadly, many times these pain and abuses were caused by people the trusted most. Their own family and carers.

How would you and I feel if someone abuses us for reasons we do not know? Try putting ourselves in that child's environment. How would you feel in your heart? I know I would be terrified. I would be confused. I would want to run away to a safe place. Any place would be better than there but just wouldn't know how to do it and where to run.

Studies have shown that the abuser is more often than not a person who has been abused himself or herself when she/ he was small. Now that they have become adults, they carry the scars and hurts in them and are finding out how it feels like to be the one inflicting pain on someone else. This way, they believe they can 'heal' and justify their heidous cruel behaviour.

As a mother myself, there is nothing I won't do to keep my children safe. To protect them from harms way. I feed them. I clean them. I clothe them. I talk with them in a manner I would want them to understand a good two-way conversation between two people. With manners and politeness and in turn, become the kind of adults I would them to become one day. I wish for them a peaceful and beautiful life with love and care. But I know deep in my heart, this will only put them in a protective bubble that only exist in an imaginary world.

One day, their eyes will open up. Like us adults now, they too will see the 'real' world we all live in. The real world where people will only go after what is important to them and what they think will benefit themselves. Often, with little regards to others, if at all.

But for now, I will cherish what little time I still have left with their innocent years. I will always treasure these moments while their eyes are still pure, their hearts not tainted with pain and sufferings. I will always hold their hands and smell their cheeks and hold them close to me. Because I am mother. Because my children have given me the gift I did not ask. This gift opened up my eyes to see what beauty means. What true love means. And what sacrifices means. I thank them in return. I am grateful for this gift.

Thank you both, my beautiful darlings. For now, I will do my part loving and protecting you. Whilst the pain and sufferings continues in our world today inflicting pain and abuses on other children. We must stand together and tell these abusers to stop. Stop and look at themselves. What they are doing will never bring them any help nor healing. Instead, they shoud get help or talk with someone who can help them about their problems. Maybe one day, our world will be a better, safer place for our children and their children.

CFM Bathroom Exhaust Fans