"Go to bed now!" My Wife's Secret method to get the kids to bed

Coming home to a warm hearth and home after a day's work is one of the most popular Father's Day. Calling hours of angry customers, budgets, to get monotonous factory work or even for fathers work-at-home, home for a hot dinner, a warm and welcoming hugs from loved ones is one reason to go to work why.

Coming home at 9:30 one night, I expected to hear a "Welcome home, honey!" by my wife, or because we live in Japan, the Japanese greeting;"Okaerinasai!" (Welcome Home). What I heard instead of Emiko was a groan of disappointment and frustration. I was coming home so bad?

As is the case, have had their reasons: the children had just walked away to sleep when he heard my key into the lock of the door. Eyes opened again, the "Daddy's home!" Festivities began.

Now, far be it from me to decline an invitation to struggle with my 3 and 5 years. Before smothered with kisses from the Princess is 3 yearsone of the highlights of my day ... But the fight escalated and kisses to scream and jump, sing and dance. Around 11:00, it was getting late. And tomorrow is a day of preschool.

After a couple of nights, we realized that parents had to make some changes.

Emiko's first proposal, I just got home at 11:00 to say later, when the children were asleep. "Wait," I replied, "I will come and care at home, my children!"

Finally, in a moment of geniusEmiko developed and published a chart on the wall. It was full of fun for our children to make drawings, the behavior that we all agree that we should be objective. Getting up at 7:00. eat breakfast, get changed, always 9:00 in kindergarten. In the afternoon, helping his mother take a bath, eating dinner with nice manners, brushing teeth, in bed by 9:00. You get the idea.

Thus, for every activity under the name of each child, may, when they do their job, receives a plaque. This isit. Just a little 'more colorful "dot" next to each task. The child decides independently whether to reward yourself with a label. Get ten in one day and you get a great sticker for that day.

Not high-tech, ever. But it is written on the wall, and best of all, it works. If you, you teach the children 's input of some of the activities and behaviors that should shoot for. Their voices, how they are governed helps them "buy in" and feel ownership and responsibility for theirtheir behavior. Make it colorful and fun, without losing a game. I think you see the changes in the reasons you may be surprised.

freezerlessrefrigerators cfmbathroomexhaustfan pillow